Monday, August 8, 2011

The day I discovered Math Foldables ....

.... and this is what my table looks like.  I'M HOOKED!!!!


Question 1 - WHY have I never seen these before?
Question 2 - WHY have I never heard of these before?

I discovered math foldables by stumbling across Mr. Surti's website.    The activities and Resources he has listed for MFM 2P (Grade 10 math applied) drew me in immediately.  His ideas on incorporating differentiated Instruction into this course are amazing.

As I investigated further into math foldables I discovered a woman named Dinah Zike who has published many books on topic.  You can view Dinah Zike's Teaching Mathematics With Foldables here!

I ordered Dinah Zike's Big Book Of Math (Middle School & High School) from Amazon and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival.  

I will start posting instructions on how to make these foldables periodically.  If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below!


No comments:

Post a Comment